On this page you’ll find a list of recent media appearances such as podcasts, conference presentations, twitter threads, etc.
Recent Podcast Appearances
Upcoming: Kaiser Report, Once Bitten, FungiFest UK 2019 (waiting on the recording), POV Crypto livestream party
Tales From The Crypt #163 with Marty Bent on 5/26/20 [Anchor / Apple]
Topics: Psychedelic therapy, Bitcoin + Fungi, Why the next decade defines the next 100 years, Cognitive Liberty vs Monetary Liberty, The Fourth Turning, Generational Archetypes, Gall’s Law, why I started businesses as a kid, Millennials vs Boomers, what is universities were great?
Bitcoin Magazine Halving Party Presentation “Bitcoin is the Mycelium of Money” [youtube]
Topics: Exploring network organisms (fungi) with network technology (bitcoin). Most dense version of these ideas. Updated May 2020. New to these ideas? Prefer audio/visual content as opposed to reading? This is perfect for you.
Bitcoin Rapid Fire with John Vallis and Brady Swenson – PART 2 [Anchor]
Topics: We got cosmic. Explored Bitcoin as a living organisms. What can evolutionary Biology teach us about bitcoin? Virtual Reality. This was part 2 of a podcast crossover episode where I was interviewed by the hosts of both the Citizen Bitcoin + Bitcoin Rapid fire podcasts.
Citizen Bitcoin w/ Brady Swenson and John Vallis – PART 1 [Apple]
Topics: Explored Part 4 of the bitcoin-mycelium series. Great time hanging with some of my favorite bitcoiners. Got Cosmic AF. Stoned Ape Theory. This was part 1 of a podcast crossover episode where I was interviewed by the hosts of both the Citizen Bitcoin + Bitcoin Rapid fire podcasts.
Swan Signal Podcast w/ Cory Klippsten and Stephen Cole [youtube]
Topics: Bitcoin meetups, twitter as an open source protocol (blue sky), tools for personal sovereignty, game theory says we want powerful people on team Bitcoin.
Keyvan Devani Show w/ Hass McCook on 11/2/19 [Apple]
Topics: All around fun and relaxing show — like hanging out with a couple Bitcoiners. Bitcoin through a religious perspective, Bitcoin as an extension of nature, Bitcoin prospects during global economic crises, paths of adoption.
Bitcoin Rapid Fire w/ John Vallis on 9/24/2019 [Apple]
Topics: Bitcoin as a rallying cry for revolutionaries, How psychedelics and bitcoin are related, Prospects of war post-hyperbitcoinization, Terrence McKenna, Nature of the mind, Biology is technology
Protocol Podcast w/ Eric Savics on 9/9/2019 [link / Apple]
Topics: Satoshi was a mycologist, Bitcoin Mining leading to a type 1 civilization, Bitcoin has absorbed features from alt coins, Bitcoin is like a living organism, Stoned Ape theory, Panspermia, Red Queen theory
Cryptoconomy w/ Guy Swann and Dergigi on 8/21/19 [Spotify / Anchor / Apple]
Topics: Stay humble – study nature – stack stats, how do we define life? What IS Bitcoin? Does it work for us? Or do we work for it? How will Bitcoin change the world
Konsensus Show with Niko + Max Hillebrand on 7/31/19 [youtube]
Topics: Bitcoin as a new life form, can Bitcoin persist w/o humans? Time preference, and how the Apache tribe resisted Spanish conquest & what that means for Bitcoin
Bitcoin is a Decentralized Organism @ Bitcoin 2019 Conference on 6/26/2019 [recording]
Topics: exploring bitcoin through the lens of mycelium, distributed intelligence, antifragility, order vs chaos, mycorrhizal networks.
Pynk Tank / Not Another Crypto Show on 5/18/19 [youtube]
Topics: fun with fungi. Very Basic Bitcoin stuff. Hosts are not as knowledgeable about Bitcoin, more focused on general “blockchain” topics.
Citizen Bitcoin with Brady Swenson on 4/12/2019 [link / Apple]
Topics: Bitcoin culture wars, fungibility vs privacy, transition to fee based security model, Faketoshi/Hodlonaut current mess, sourcing quality information, indepth exploration of comparing bitcoin to fungi, primer into my upcoming article looking towards a future financial system based on bitcoin.
Contrarian Island on 3/25/2019 [Apple / Spotify]
Topics: Where BTC get it’s value, Store of Value vs Medium of Exchange, how content gets translated for multiple tiers of technical sophistication, does Schnorr help transition to fee based security, Bitcoin 2019 conference, is Andrew Yang good for bitcoin?
POV Crypto “Biology of Bitcoin” on 3/7/2019 [link]
Topics: Nation state level attacks are the “great filter” of cryptocurrencies. Lightning network integrates into bitcoin via the mycelial medium. I admit my previously held beliefs of “blockchain everything.”
Fun with Crypto w/ Coinicarus on 2/18/19 [Libsyn link]
Topics: Governments neuter apex predators of money, Trophic Cascade Effect, Why we haven’t found alien life in universe, my genesis story with bitcoin.
The Sovereign Bitcoin Podcast w/ Juan Galt on 1/18/19 [youtube link]
Topics: Culture wars, Bitcoin vs Mycelium, why we need to solve money before decentralizing everything, religion, massaging bitcoin’s messaging, creative destruction via bitcoin, Lapps as a catalyst.
Radiant Creators Podcast 12/20/18 [link]
Topics: Bitcoin as a decentralized organism, PoW energy FUD, overcoming Dunbar’s number, experimenting with micro nations + new money.
Popular Tweet storms
- Bitcoin is a Decentralized Super-Organism [link]
- Thread on Bitcoin’s Survivability [link]
- Exploring Bitcoin’s Decentralized Governance / Culture Wars [link]
- Exploring Bitcoin as a Social Creature (mushroom), Hype cycles, Ethnomycology, and the Cult of Satoshi. [link]
- Buy Bitcoin Because… [link]
- Take a deep breath… bitcoins success in 10 years [link]
- Interesting Cross-Sections to Examine Bitcoin [link]
- If Bitcoin was a Mushroom [link]
- Summary of The Internet of Money Vol 2 by Andreas Antonopoulos [link]
- Summary of Shelling Out: Origins of Money by Nick Szabo [link]
Praise for Brandon
- Anthony Pompliano featured me in his newsletter (6/11/19): “In a relatively small number of sentences, Brandon is able to articulate incredibly powerful ideas.” (link)
- Nathaniel Whittemore: “Brandon is an emerging bitcoin content star” (link)
- Nic Carter: “You are rapidly becoming a Bitcoin content MVP” (link)
- Published the popular article: Bitcoin is a Decentralized Organism (Fungi) – tweetstorm seen by 500k people, over 500+ retweets, 8,500+ page views.
- Featured in Marty’s Bent Newsletter twice (#379 + #397)
- Featured in Nathaniel Whittemore’s Long Reads Sunday” x3 (#25 + #29 + #51)
- Michael Krieger (LibertyBlitzKrieg.com) posted my article and said “one of the most enjoyable and informative articles I’ve read all year” (link)
- “Bitcoin is the Mycelium of Money” @ Bitcoin Magazine’s 2020 Bitcoin Halving party
- “Bitcoin is a Decentralized Organism” @ Bitcoin 2019 Conference [recording]
- “Bitcoin is the Mycelium of Money” @ FungiFest 2019 conference in the UK
- “Biology is Technology: Exploring Bitcoin through the lens of Biology @ Burning Man (Camp Decentral) — August 2019
- “Lightning Network 101: Past, Present, and Future of Bitcoin’s Layer 2 Network” — Bitcoins in Bali meetup, May 2018
- “Become your own bank: Risk Management for the Sovereign Individual” — Bitcoins in Bali meetup, June 2018
- Best places to buy Bitcoin on Swan Signal blog
- Bitcoin Wallets: How, Why, and When to hold your own Private Keys on Swan Signal Blog
P.S. Somewhat related, here’s a list of my favorite podcast episodes of all time. I have learned so much from these ideas. Wide ranging topics, designs to make you think.